Melvins - The Bulls And The Bees


It's been a while since I've listened to anything by Melvins. I think after their 2010 album 'The Bride Screamed Murder', I was just full of disappointment. I didn't like that album at all, and I went in with such high hopes for it after the two previous albums being two of my favourite Melvins works. Also, the title of the album itself just sounded great. Shame the content was way too 'weird' for my liking, and I normally can get into the weird stuff. Just look at Fantomas.

Melvins are back this year with a new album in June. However, they've just released a 5 track ep entitled 'The Bulls And The Bees'. The best bit is, it's free! The ep takes Melvins back to more familiar territory. The sound is more akin to stuff off of 'A Senile Animal' or 'Nude With Boots'. So with saying that, I'm starting to listen to Melvins again.

This ep is familiar but refreshing and I can't wait to see what the new album has in store. I love also how with the Big Business boys attached to Melvins, that their sound is becoming similar.....and I love Big Business even more. Although, the album may have a different approach to the ep as it is dropping the Big Business duo from the lineup and recruiting Trevor Dunn of Mr. Bungle/Fantomas as a bassist. I hope that doesn't signal the end of Big Business being a part of the lineup, whereas Melvins have constantly changed their lineup over the years. Although, if it is the end of an era, they've left it on a positive one. Fingers crossed for a new Big Business album also.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.