STRFKR - Miracle Mile


I've been lucky enough to receive the new album by electronic band STRFKR early.

Miracle Mile, not out until February 19th just came to the door on limited edition red/green vinyl. So I thought I'd give a quick listen opinion of it, as its spinning on my turntable.

Like many new releases I do believe this warrants a few spins before you can form a true judgement. That being said, I do like what I hear so far and fans of their 2011 release Reptilians shouldn't be disappointed. I found myself instantly nodding to the beat when putting the needle down, and on many occasions throughout the record. So it's pretty danceable, but it's also varied. A solid album throughout, with an eerie finish on the vinyl with it having a locked groove.

You can check out the first single, While I'm Alive, below. It has its own interesting version of YOLO, being 'While I'm alive, I'll live my life'. I don't see people quoting WIAILML anytime soon though.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.